Summer Racing - 26 January Review
Neill Ridley trains two winners including feature
- Ever popular jockey Terry Moseley was the star turn on the first day of the Summer Racing Season at Riccarton Park winning both feature races.
- After being unceremoniously dumped at the jump by HE KIN FLY at Kurow all was forgiven when the former Hong Kong galloper won the Listed Speight’s Timaru Stakes. HE KIN FLY won his first two starts in New Zealand before having a five start career in Hong Kong. That campaign resulted in one win and he has won a further two races since coming under the care of Riccarton Park trainer Neill Ridley in early 2018. Ridley had earlier prepared ATAAHUADREAMSRFREE to win the Maiden 1400.
- Earlier in the day Moseley combined on a relatively rare occasion with John and Karen Parsons to win the Christchurch Casino Dunedin Cup Trial aboard SHEZATOUCHA.
- Ashley McKay joined her father Russell, uncles John and Peter and cousin Jacob as a winning trainer in her own right when FLYTIME won the NZB South Island Sale 29 April Rating 72. Krishna Mudhoo rode the gelding.
- Michael and Matthew Pitman continued their success in the ‘Pearl Series’ races with ALL ABOUT MAGIC who improved on her debut fifth in the Barneswood Farm Welcome Stake to defy northerner MISS SWEET PEE in the two-year-old dash over 800 metres.