03 Oct 2020
Riccarton Park - North Canterbury
Waimakariri Businesses North Canterbury Cup / NZB Canterbury Belle Stakes
24 Oct 2020
Riccarton Park - Canterbury Jockey Club
War Decree Stakes / Christchurch Casino Spring Classic
Welcome to Riccarton Park
For over 165 years the Canterbury Jockey Club has been at the forefront of New Zealand racing conducting some of the most prestigious races in the country. Riccarton Park is home to 22 racedays each season with highlights including the New Zealand Cup Meeting in November, Grand National Festival of Racing (Jumps Racing) in August and the four day Autumn Racing Season.
The Clubs racing calendar is defined by.
- The iconic Christchurch Casino New Zealand Cup® over the staying test of 3200 metres.
- Group 1, Al Basti Equiworld New Zealand 2000 Guineas® over the classic distance of 1600 metres.
- Group 1, Barneswood Farm New Zealand 1000 Guineas® for the three-year-old fillies.
- Group 2, Coupland's Bakeries Mile over 1600 metres for the Open horses
- These four races form the backbone of the New Zealand Cup Meeting.
- Racecourse Hotel & Motor Lodge Grand National Steeplechase in August.(Not run in 2020)
- Hospitality New Zealand Canterbury Grand National Hurdle Race also in August.(Not run in 2020)
- 23 Group, Listed and Prestige Jumping Races are held each year.
- On 11 of these races the Club pays well above the industry funded minimum stake.
- 17 of the Clubs 22 racedays are Feature, Premier or Iconic racemeetings.
- Racing conducted every month except for July.(a change in 2020 due to impacts of COVID-19)
- 22 racedays conducted in the racing year
The 2020 Grand National Festival of Racing will not be held this year, the 2020 NZ Cup Meeting is on 7, 11 & 14 November.
Vibrant and exciting racedays held throughout the year. Download the 2020/21 race dates file.