Welcome to Riccarton Park
‘Important COVID-19 update for the Canterbury Jockey Club New Zealand Cup Meetings, Saturday 6th, Wednesday 10th and Saturday 13th November 2021. READ MORE
Hospitality policy for packages already purchased
Our COVID policies allow for a refund if we are not operating at a Level that allows hospitality to be provided as per your ticket. At this stage we are hopeful that our race days will be conducted at either Level 1 or 2 where this is possible.
The other consideration we make is if we were at a Level that allowed your hospitality but another province was in a level (such as Level 3) that precluded travel, then a refund would also be given.
For over 165 years the Canterbury Jockey Club has been at the forefront of New Zealand racing conducting some of the most prestigious races in the country. Riccarton Park is home to 28 racedays from the 2021-22 season with highlights including the New Zealand Cup Meeting in November, Grand National Festival of Racing (Jumps Racing) in August and the four day Autumn Racing Season.
The Clubs racing calendar is defined by.
- The iconic Martin Collins New Zealand Cup® over the staying test of 3200 metres.
- Group 1, Al Basti Equiworld New Zealand 2000 Guineas® over the classic distance of 1600 metres.
- Group 1, Barneswood Farm New Zealand 1000 Guineas® for the three-year-old fillies.
- Group 2, Coupland's Bakeries Mile over 1600 metres for the Open horses
- These four races form the backbone of the New Zealand Cup Meeting.
- Racecourse Hotel & Motor Lodge Grand National Steeplechase in August.
- Hospitality New Zealand Canterbury Grand National Hurdle Race also in August.
- 23 Group, Listed and Prestige Jumping Races are held each year.
- On 11 of these races the Club pays well above the industry funded minimum stake.
- 18 of the Clubs 28 racedays are Feature, Premier or Iconic racemeetings.
- Racing will be conducted every month in 2022
- 7 days of racing on the Synthetic track from May to July 2022.
- 28 racedays conducted in the racing year from 2021/22
The 2021 Grand National Festival of Racing is 7, 11, 14 August and the 2021 NZ Cup Meeting is on 6, 10 & 13 November.
Vibrant and exciting racedays held throughout the year. Download the 2021/2022 race dates file.