Lance Robinson Quinella in Feature
- As was the norm over the four days of the Riccarton Park Autumn Racing Season racing on the last day was conducted under perfect weather conditions and on ideal track conditions.
- Lance Robinson (image) presented the two highest rated runners in the days feature the Daphne Bannan Memorial Great Easter Stakes with the handicappers tip coming to fruition. The mare LIVE DRAMA rated 92 beat her male stablemate KHIMAR WAR to give the Riccarton Park trainer the quinella. SCARFI finished in third placing. Kavish Chowdhoory rode the winner.
- The Berkley Stud sponsored Champagne Stakes was the other Listed race on the programme. Favourite DEFIANT was supported by an ownership group who had travelled far and wide to attend but the local could not reward that support running fourth. Awapuni trainer Lisa Latta had two juveniles start two weeks earlier. They had remained at Riccarton Park with DISS IS DRAMATIC improving on a second that previous meeting to win whilst CHEVEUX replicated its previous placing running third. Timaru trained REDMOND split the pair.
- Tina Comignaghi rode DISS IS DRAMATIC and ITSONLYMONEY gave her two wins on the day winning the last race, the Racecourse Hotel & Motor Lodge Rating 74, for Yaldhurst trainer Ross Beckett.
- The open staying race was the Angus Meats Great Autumn Handicap over the 2500 metres with a somewhat extraordinary winner in TAPPY’S LAD. The Isla Bank trained four-year-old had last started in a maiden race over 2200 metres winning that at his 27th start. The previous time a horse won an open handicap race straight after winning a maiden is anyone’s guess.
- Rohan Mudhoo rode TAPPY’S LAD whilst Kin Kwo partnered MAXIE TAP to give Kerry and Ian Taplin two wins on the programme.