- The Canterbury Jockey Club following a submission from the local branch of the Trainers Association will conduct a trial for two-year-olds at the racemeeting on Friday 24 February 2023.
- Whilst there is a trial meeting at Ashburton on Tuesday 28 February this trial is designed to help prepare horses and bolster potential starters at the two-year-old race at Wingatui on Saturday 4 March 2023.
- To minimise impact on the scheduled Ashburton Trials and given they will have to be named to be nominated for Wingatui, two-year-old wishing to start on Friday must be named.
- The timing of, and number of, trials will be decided after entries are taken but will most likely be one heat prior to the first race.
- The Club reserves the right to cancel this trial for whatever reason including if in its opinion there are insufficient entries.
Distance: 800 metres
Entries close: Noon Wednesday 22 February 2023 with the National Racing Bureau.