Winter Fashion in the Field Results
Canterbury Jockey Club Member Pauline Pattullo was our overall winner and is off to the Cairns Amateurs Racing Carnival in September.
This was sponsored by Youngman and Son & IBK Photography and includes Airfares, Accommodation and an entry to the top 10 in the Cairns Central Fashion in the Field
First Runner Up Gemma Kirk will be enjoying her 18ct Tahitian Pearl Stud Earrings from Youngs Jewellers
Second Runner Up Anna Campbell is off to dinner at Amazonita with friends to try out some Marisco Wines
Men's First Overall Stephen Mwaba won four tickets to the Stables, Al Basti Equiworld NZ 2000 Guineas Raceday, Saturday 5 November
Men's Runner Up Daniel McCullum- will be visit from Australia again to use his two tickets to the Stables, Al Basti Equiworld NZ 2000 Guineas Raceday
Stacey Rose - Best Millinery and Foster Mwaba - Stage Presence won Vouchers donated by Indian Roots, Christchurch
Judges - Michiko Hylands, Nicholas Henare and Janelle Burnside
Fashion Coordinator - June Youngman
What to wear on raceday
Knowing the difference between day wear and evening wear
- Race day Fashion is very simple but elegant day wear. Not a lot of skin showing, and modesty is the key.
- Plan your outfits in advance. Judges will be awarding points according to coherence and thought that has gone into the outfit, together with the knowledge of appropriateness of the outfit.
- Avoid anything too tight, revealing or midriff-baring , dresses need to fall at the knee or lower and keep in mind that the races are a daytime event.
- A headpiece is always important to coordinate with your outfit. Think carefully of how your hair sits with your headpiece or hat. Typically for a headpiece, long hair is pulled away, pinned or in a ponytail so that it works with your hair. Remember, you are trying to achieve an overall effect – the hat should be part of the outfit.
- This is a time to embrace the best of spring! There is no wrong or right when it comes to a beautifully coordinated outfit.
- You will be getting judged on a points system this year on cup day.
- Points will be given on the appropriateness of your outfit, day wear, tidy shoes, clutch, hair/ millinery, and overall outfit.
- You will never get judged on your age, your size, or your looks. Here at Riccarton Park we would like to encourage women and men of all shapes and sizes to enter the fashion competition and support each other through this process.
- For our gentlemen - dress to impress! A well-tailored/ fitted suit and wearing your shoes without socks is fine. Keep it stylish and smart with tie or patterned pocket squares. You may also consider a cool hat to go with your suit. Overall a clean and polished look.
The Overall lady winner Samara Singh receives a trip for 4 to Marlborough for 2 nights including lunch, dinner, winery tour, Leefield Station experience, wine tasting with Brent Marris the Owner/Wine Maker. Plus a years supply of Ned, a six pack delivered to her home each month.
She will also represent the region at Ellerslie in the Ned Prix de Fashion on 5 March 2022. Prize also includes flights to Auckland for two with three night’s accommodation courtesy of Millennium Hotels and Resorts.
High Fashion - Youngs Jewellers
Won by Pauline Pattullo
To win a pair of stunning diamond earrings valued at $2500
Fresh new ideas, great design. Can be made by yourself or designer, on trend or fashion forward.
Ready to wear designs.
Ladies Racewear – IBK Photograpky
Won by Andree Callaghan
Full page Metropole Magazine Full Page Editorial
IBK Photography Fashion Photoshoot + Image Galler Prints
Luxury Boutique Voucher
The George Hotel Luxury Night Stay
50 Bistro Breakfast Voucher
Bondi Sands Australian Product Basket
Total Package Valued at over $4k
Beautifully coordinated classic look from head to toe.
Maiden of the Carnival - Stephanie Murray Mortgages
Won by Lily Simons
Wins 3 nights at the Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel including; Remarkables room, complimentary Breakfast, Evening canapes and drinks. Along with 3 Day luxury car hire with Touchdown rentals. Valued at $2,500.
If you have not been a winner at any Fashion in the Field competition
Local Lady - Away to Go
Won by Alex Valle
5 night's accommodation at Millennium, Copthorne and Kingsgate Hotel and Resort in New Zealand (exceptions apply)
Can be used as 2, 2 & 1 night stays or all 5 nights together
For those that live in the Canterbury Region
Millinery - Maria Wright
Won by Melissa Jemmett
Wins a custom made order Maria Wright hat valued at $600
Well made with interesting Materials, according to current trends or fashion forward.
While also complimenting or enhancing the outfit perfectly. it is also a chance for milliners to proudly display their work
Men’s Fashion - Sergios Menswear
Won by Stephen Mwaba
$1500 personally fitted outfit
The Ned will also provide a Magnum of Ned Rose for each of the 10 finalists and 3 Pinot Noir Magnums for the first 3 men.
Regional Manager for Marisco Wines, Scott McKenzie said they were delighted to support the event.
Our judges for 2021:
Amanda Vine - Stylist
Stephanie Muray - Former Women's Winner and Fashion Ambassador
Matt Anderson - A former Men's Winner