Update August 15 Races



A "closed door"raceday planned

Given the Government will not be making an announcement about the position with COVID-19 Alert Levels for tomorrow until 5:30 pm today (Friday 14th) the Canterbury Jockey Club together with New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing has made the decision to plan for tomorrows racemeeting to be run under the Emergency Regulations applicable to a Level 2 Alert.

 

As was the case with the Taupo and Waverley race meetings this week, this will mean that only those people essential to the running of the racemeeting will be permitted oncourse.  Owners, members, and ticketed guests will not be able to attend due to there being insufficient time to make compliant arrangements as required by the regulations.

 

Regrettably, this means that the Club will have to cancel all pre-booked raceday functions.

 

The Club sincerely apologises to those who will be inconvenienced by this decision but in the reality of what we are facing in New Zealand there is little choice.

 

If announcements by the Government tonight permit  beeing  a return to Level 1, then the Club will be able to open the gates to allow owners, members, and general attendance oncourse.

 

For further information please contact Tim Mills Canterbury Jockey Club Chief Executive 027 430 0208 or tim@riccartonpark.co.nz.