NZ Cup Meeting - 2nd Day Review
Baker Forsman partnership claim feature
- Not many feature races have eluded champion trainer Murray Baker but the Coupland’s Bakeries Mile was one of those until this years renewal. TRUE ENOUGH racing in the famous ‘Preston Colours’ claimed VIGOUR VALOUR in the shadows of the post to claim the Group 2 feature. SACRED Day was third ahead of HE KIN FLY. Matt Cameron rode the six-year-old gelding for the Baker, Andrew Forsman training partnership.
- SHHEZALLMINE reversed the first days quinella when she defeated hot favourite SENSEI in the Lindauer Stewards Stakes. Mick Dee a one time show-jumping companion of trainer Dan Miller can across from Australia to ride the mare for his mate.
- Dee also ‘book-ended’ the day riding the winners of the first and last races to take riding honours on the day with three wins.
- Local trainer Andrew Carston took out the days other feature the Group 3 Valachi Downs Canterbury Breeders Stakes with longshot TICKET TO RIDE. The seven-year-old mare held the rail to hold off a determined BELLE FASCINO with last years winner KIWI IDA in third
- Shailesh Shinde, the winner of 300 races in his native India got his first New Zealand win aboard LA CONSEILLE in the Romano’s Pizzas Premier Maiden.
- The North South count was 6 to 5 in favour of the northern trained runners although Riccarton Park could lay some claim to the two Dan Millar and one Jamie Richards trained winners as they have been stabled there for all of the spring.