11 Aug 2018
Fashion In The Field - Winter Event
Join us on Grand National day for our 3rd Winter Fashion Competition.
Welcome to Riccarton Park
For over 160 years the Canterbury Jockey Club has been at the forefront of New Zealand racing conducting some of the most prestigious races in the country. Riccarton Park is home to 23 racedays each season with highlights including the New Zealand Cup Meeting in November, Grand National Racing Carnival (Jumps Racing) in August and the four day Autumn Racing Season.
The Clubs racing calendar is defined by.
- The iconic Christchurch Casino New Zealand Cup over the staying test of 3200 metres.
- Group 1, Al Basti Equiworld New Zealand 2000 Guineas of $500,000 over the classic distance of 1600 metres.
- Group 1, gavelhouse.com New Zealand 1000 Guineas for the three-year-old fillies.
- Group 2, Coupland's Bakeries Mile of $230,000 over 1600 metres for the Open horses
- These four races form the backbone of the New Zealand Cup Meeting.
- Racecourse Hotel & Motor Lodge Grand National Steeplechase in August.
- Hospitality New Zealand Canterbury Grand National Hurdle Race also in August.
- 23 Group, Listed and Prestige Jumping Races are held each year.
- On 11 of these races the Club pays well above the industry funded minimum stake.
- 18 of the Clubs 23 racedays are Feature, Premier or Iconic racemeetings.
- Minimum stake of $20,000 for all races except the $10,000 maidens on these days.
- Minimum stake of $10,000 at the five Industry and Tier 2 Feature days
- Racing conducted every month except for July.
- Total stakes of $6.2 million distributed over the 23 racedays.
The 2018 Grand National Racing Carnival dates are 4, 8 & 11 August while the 2018 NZ Cup Meeting is on 10, 14 & 17 November.
Vibrant and exciting racedays held throughout the year. Click and download the 2018/19 race dates file.