Summer Racing - 9 February Review
Pitman two-Year-Old wins again
- A compact seven race programme was presented after the Open 1800 metre race did not proceed due to insufficient entries.
- A better than expected attendance enjoyed a hot but pleasant afternoon’s racing with many in Gazebo’s and at the back of cars.
- The star turn was the two-year-old ALL ABOUT MAGIC. The Pitman trained filly under the guidance of Jillian Morris beat the Marton trained favourite MISS SWEET PEE.
- DISTURBANCE had returned to the Shane Kennedy and Anna Furlong stable after an Australian stint that included a Dubbo Cup win. The five-year-old gelding was having his first start back home and first start for four months in the Daphne Bannan Memorial and finished too strongly over the 1000 metres to beat PIPIANA and CZARISTA.
- Neill Ridley and stable apprentice BB Hong combined to win the first two races with HE KIN FLY, who was backing up from winning the Speight’s Timaru Stakes at his previous start, and ATAAHUADREASRFREE who had also won on the first day of the Summer Racing Season.
- Ascot Park trainer Sabin Kirkland always seems to have a handy horse about him and THE LAST WON appears to be another. The three-year-old made it two from two in the FastTrack Insurance Rating 65.