Summer Racing - 14 February Review
Comignaghi rides three winners
- Argentina born apprentice Tina Comignaghi was the star turn on an enjoyable industry day with three winning rides.
- She won the third aboard the Pitman trained SAVELLE, the fourth aboard ADVENTURESS for the Club’s Insurance Broker Paul Yesberg and the fifth aboard RUN FORREST RUN.
- The Pitman’s also trainer TEE CEE COUP and the Brendan McCullum managed KING KANE to have a trio of winners on the day.
- Former Chairman Jeff McCall’s pride and joy STROWAN won the day’s opening even and sharing in the ownership is Jeff’s father Clive a Trustee of the Christchurch Racecourse.
- Wingatui trainer Steve Tyler gained his first winner at Riccarton Park with JUST PUSH PLAY in the Ford Contracting Maiden. The gelding is the first horse owned by young owner Pip Bradford and therefore her first winner also.