Polytrack Racing - 4th Day Review
Green Luck sets record time
- A simple Industry Meeting with seven races provided some interesting and memorable racing.
- GREEN LUCK (image) headed the field in the Riccarton Park Function Centre Open Handicap with 62kg on the back of a career in Australia and Hong Kong which netted 8 wins from 41 starts and NZ$1.1 million in prizemoney. The seven-year-old rallied after being headed by VIRTUOSO LAD, already a dual Polytrack winner, to prevail by 1/1000th of a second. The time a new track record of 1-21.69. New Zealand’s two leading riders Michael McNab and Lisa Allpress fought out the finish with McNab getting in the deciding stride for GREEN LUCK’s satisfied trainer, Paul Harris.
- Marton Trainer Fraser Auret travelled his three-year-old gelding CHOISIA PRINCE south in search of a maiden win and the punters followed him. In the hands of Lisa Allpress, the chestnut gave nothing else a chance in the 1400 metres event winning by 6½ lengths and in doing so returned punters the ridiculously short win dividend of $1.10.
- Past CJC Chairman Jeff McCall was a happy man after his four-year-old MEGALOMANIC stormed home to win the last race again for Lisa Allpress. He shares in the ownership with Wendy Mills, wife of the Club Chief Executive, and her friends in the intriguingly named Pussy Galore Syndicate.
- Matthew and Michael Pitman were leading trainers on the day with four wins whilst Michael McNab continues his charge for a first NZ jockey premiership with three winning rides.