Autumn Racing Season - 6 April Review
Winning return in Christchurch Casino Easter Cup
- WHO DARES WINS gained a justified Listed race success having previously been placed twice at the top level when winning the Christchurch Casino Easter Cup. With comeback rider Sam Wynne aboard the six-year-old gelding was too strong for first day winner RESIDENTIAL and Tuhikaramea visitor CONTESSA VANESSA. Sam was recording her sixth win aboard the Tony and Lyn Prendergast trained gelding with the later doing a masterful job to have WHO DARES WINS is prime condition after four months since last racing.
- EMILY MARGARET was the betting public’s elect and the local crowd favourite but had to be content with second in the days other feature the NZB Airfreight Stakes. Awapuni visitor SECRET ALLURE returned to a happy hunting ground having previously won the Berkley Stud Champagne Stakes on the course to score a decisive win after EMILY MARGARET had raced to a big lead. OUR HAIL MARY ran third.
- Grand sprinter SIGNIFY made the most of the 3kg claim to which BB Hong was entitled to gun down GIFT OF POWER by the narrowest of margins in the Tom Toplis Memorial.
- Ascot Park visitor SHAKTI won the days open staying race the Hornby Working Men’s Club Founders Cup for trainer Jo-Ann Gordon and local apprentice Krishna Mudhoo.
- Sam Wynne, Terry Moseley and Wanganui’s Lisa Allpress all rode doubles on the day.
- After the 2nd day the Hygain/Mitavite Trainers Award for the Autumn Season is led by Matthew & Michael Pitman on 85 points from John & Karen Parsons, 69, and Lance Robinson on 41.