Autumn Racing Season - 4 May Review
Pitman stable enjoy continued success
- The Matthew and Michael Pitman partnership ran away with the Hygain/Mitavite Autumn Trainers Challenge with three winners on the last of the four days of the Riccarton park Autumn Racing Season.
- The best of the three was ALL ABOUT MAGIC in the listed Berkley Stud Champagne Stakes for the two-year-olds. Starting favourite the near black filly was too good for the southerners HOT TAP and the intriguingly named BUCK SHELLFISH.
- The Pitman’s other two winners were NELLIE Bly in the Rae Racing-Farewell Prom Queen Premier and PINUP COUP.
- DEE AND GEE was a deserving winner of the Angus Meats Great Autumn Premier for trainers and owners Peter Corbett and Terrill Charles after placings in the Wellington and Auckland Cups and the Coca-Cola Canterbury Gold Cup at his most recent start.
- The days feature event, the Daphne Bannan Memorial Great Easter Stakes, was a triumph for the Neill Ridley trained former Hong Kong galloper HE KIN FLY. Part owned by Ridley’s son Steve, the six-year-old made it four wins on the trot in the 1400 metres Listed race. Awapuni visitor PROSECCO finished second ahead of the good mare KIWI IDA.
- Lee Callaway, Premiership leader Lisa Allpress and the ever improving Tanya Jonker all rode doubles.